Tuesday 14 September 2010

August


Where did August go? I continued to walk, but only in the gaps between working on my MA degree project - a novel and an accompanying essay. Now that the work has been handed in I can take a breath.
I've always thought August is a strange month; it should still be high summer, but there is a hint of autumn; of things swelling to ripeness and beyond, of days shortening and evenings becoming cooler. That feeling of a season coming to an end was particularly appropriate this year as my studies at University College Falmouth came to a climax. On the one hand I had the intense enjoyment of almost 24 hour involvement in the writing of my story ( my brain was sifting ideas even at night) but on the other the knowledge that it would, very soon, all be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment